Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Team Gonzalez Farewell Foodshare

Okay, so this is so not related to Jelly, Jam, Fruit Butter, or Marmalade.  We are talking scrumdiddlyumptious cheesecake.  I never like to make the same one twice, and it frustrates my loyal taste testers.  For events, I am usually tasked with making a specific one, and I always ask...hey, howa bout this new one I want to try.  Normaly I am shot down, but in this case, I was able to go with my own flow.  In this case, we were having a food share ( It is politicly incorect to call it a Pot Luck...as Pot Luck infers that you must bring something to participate....Ummmm......yeah this so isnt the blog to go into that ).  So I asked the all knowing, all telling, all sharing your information Google to find me a cheesecake.  It found one, and I think I found a keeper! 

Google Directed me to Allrecipies.com, to a " Luscious Lemon Cheesecake "  I liked it because I am cheap, and I only had to buy 2 ingredients!  Yay ME!  So after my number 2 sons birthday dinner at the Old Spagetti Factory....I came home, busted out the big guns and went to work.  This is Bad Boy #1



These are Bad Boy's 1 and 2.  Together they equal Wonder Twins!


The recipie was pretty straight forward, I will be making some changes to it to call it my own, and it will end up in my Book 'O Stuff.  The entire house was filled with the smell that only comes when you have a yummy cheesecake cooking.

This is the crust


Notice two things in the below picture....one is the oven is at 350....well that luckily is the correct temperature...becuase the buttons are non opperable to make it go any higher than that...so it limits my baking skills.  The second thing is the pan its in.  It is in a spring form pan, wrapped in foil, inside of a baking pan filled with hot water.  I made cheesecakes for years and came up with toppings to put on the cheesecake because it would always split down the middle...no matter what i did I always ended up with the Grand Canyon going through the middle of it.  When you cook it in the water...does something to it and it just doesnt split.  Kind of like cooking custard ( you will never ever again hear me compare Cheesecake to Custard )




MMMM out of the oven with a Lemon Sour Cream topping

In all it was a couple hour job.  Now, there would be an aditional picture, but some one at work decided they would park their oversize lunch bag on the top of my Cheesecake.  Now if you read through all of this, and were like wait....I thought this blog was about James Taylor's iconic song Jelly Man Kelly...well sorry to disapoint but not gonna find it.  Well, all this cheesecake work has made me tired...time to go make Hot Dogs for dinner.  Later!

2 comments:

  1. I find your blogs charming, enlightening, and well written. Blog on my friend, blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I too use a Bain Marie when I make cheesecake. I have found that if you leave it in the oven crack the door open (I usually jam a wooden spoon in there) and leave it open for several hours the slow cooling will keep it from cracking. Then chill it in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete