Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day

Touchy subject.......( I'm not touching you I'm not touching you )  =)
While we are all getting ready for our Memorial Day Festivities, if you can, please take a moment of thought or prayer for the true meaning of this day.  It’s not to have a 3 day weekend (although it is nice), but a day for us to recognize the fallen members of our military.  I know there are people out there that do not like the military, feel that the US is fighting unjust wars abroad, or feel that the military is just another form of Federal Welfare.  I am not going argue with you, this is not the place for it.  Those are your thoughts, and that is your right.  If those are your thoughts, well they are yours.  You are entitled to them.  But remember.  We can all think what we want, do pretty much what we want, go to BBQ's this weekend because someone who came before you died for you, and in reality not for just you.  But for all of us, our ideals, and the moral principals that this country was founded on.  If you know of someone who served, say thank you.  I was always taught to be nice, and give thanks.  You may not truly feel thankful, you may think you don't mean what you say...but deep down you do.  Its okay, you dont have to admit it.  =)  I have x-ray vision, and I am a pro at Iron Clad facade’s!!

No comments:

Post a Comment