Saturday, October 8, 2011

There is something rotten in Santa Rosa while I am in tahoe

I am the master of ignoration! Like that word, I just made it up! So, if something bothers me I rant and I am done. After that it is no longer an issue to me. I read a Facebook post last night at dinner, that blew my mind. Something so hateful, something so bothersome I haven't been able to put it away. I am working from my iPhone as my galaxy tab which was purchased especially to use the blogger app..I digress....I may have many typos.

SO. I know there are mean and hurtfull people in this world. It's a given. But this just hurt me so deep, and the fact that this person shares my blood hurts even worse. What is one of the things that every woman dreads? No, not my corny come ons.....breast cancer. You are probably trying to figure out where I am going with this.

So....I saw a Facebook post below;
You know what charity I am getting REALLY WORN OUT OF? Breast Cancer, yes PINK - Shut the hell up!! You know who "WHINES" about it the most? The women who have had " enhancement " surgery. Tired of, sick of it, shut the hell up.

He then follows it up with

Clearly this is unpopular say whatever I don't care.

My dad would tell me to ignore stupid people. I normally do a good job. This has stuck in me so deep it's made me sick. I don't think there is anyone out there who does not know someone who has been affected. I know people both living and dead. I know people that he is related to who have been afflicted. One dead, one alive.

Normally my blog is filled with witty Bantor, food, happy things. I have tried to stay off of the soapbox. I don't want to bother people with my point of view, because it is mine and mine alone. I don't want to be one of those guys who harps. So please bear with me for a bit.

I have talked about old people and what they have to offer. My grandmother Pauline died when I was young. She was an amazing cook. She took most of her recipes to the grave with her. My dad taught me a few....but he took most to the grave with him as well. My dads sister had a double mastectomy, she lived. She sent an email out asking for Pink yoplait tops for the codes you can enter to have them donate to to breast cancer research. One of my mothers closest friends died from breast cancer. It does not just affect the afflicted, it will affect all of us. You don't realize what something means to you until it's gone.

Almost done I swear!

I will never say someone does not have the right to say something. We are all granted that freedom in this country. But god has given us all fitters, and brains. Please use both. Don't make yourself look like an ass.

So....onto better things! We have eaten some of the best food the last couple of nights! Great Italian tonight, yesterday was in and out for lunch, and some of the best carnitas I have ever eaten! Sorry Dad, these were better than yours! We found this little hole in the wall Mexican food joint on the wrong side of the tracks up here, and it was the best!!

I plan to come home refreshed, and ready to roll. Speaking of rolling....time to throw Mrs JellyMan under the bus. So, we are winding our way up the hill, on the nice twisty turney turns, tires screeching and she is like hah did I almost make u throw up? Then she gets green and announces she has to blow chunks! =) priceless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment