Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Joys of Toys!

There is nothing better than " As Seen On TV " stuff.  Come on, think about it?  the Miracle Brownie Pan, a pan that lets you make like 50 sliders at a time....the Slap Chop....does it get any better than that?  Oh hold on, it gets better.

I have been battling for years with mandolins.  I don't have the cash flow to get the one I really want.  Its only about 300 dollars, made in France, stainless steel....I bet it would even cook for me if I asked politely.  But...I don't have the money, and I don't speak french to ask it kindly....so Target here I come. 

I have bought 4 in the last 3 years.  The first one I bought was wonderful!!  Until I took it apart to clean it and I lost the blade.  Meh!  So I bought another one.  This one lasted a couple of month's until it was too dull to cut anything.  Ditto with the 3rd one.  The 4th one didn't even come with a sharp blade.  So I quit. 

Until....

I was forced, against my will, with a hot glue gun to my temple to watch Real Housewives of New Jersey by Mrs. Jelly Man.  ( I only watch real shows like Sons of Guns, Walking Dead, Soul Food )  We finished watching an episode, and when it went to live TV, the heavens sang, the lights got real bright, and I sat and drooled watching the infomercial for the Slice Omatic!  It looked so pretty, it did everything that you can think of, I mean would TV lie?  Of course not!!

I ran to my computer, and placed an order.  I was going to order it, and get my free one.  Website asked how many do you want including your free one...So I put 2.  Next screen...do you want to upgrade...NO....do you want to buy this....NO. 

....
......
.........

Thank you for your order.  Your 3 Slice OMatic's will be shipped in 3-6 weeks. 

No step before completion to verify my order, just a nice whopping 108 dollars taken out of my account.  I tried calling them, but I was afraid that since I was obviously dealing with genius's....that I would probably get shipped more than the 3. 

Delivery on Thursday...big huge gargantuan box.  Guess what.....I got 6.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment