Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Give Them Sauce

Wow.  The strangest thing happened to me last night.  I had a dream, it was an awesome dream.  I think there were people in the park, and they were playing games in the dark.  Well actually....The house shook, and I heard a might clanking coming from outside.  At first I'm thinkin Zombie's.  Looked out the window....and there was a glow coming from my big chrome monster. 
That picture was actually taken at 4:00am today...that's how bright it was glowing.  I slowly walked over to see what was going on...and this loud booming voice said " Give them sauce, they will come " I was like whoa!  I'm out of here. 

So, I wake up this morning, and I'm feelin refreshed, a nice night of sleep, I'm heading out the door for another day at the office, Coffee in one hand, lunch bag and Kindle in the other...when I see these papers on my car...I had to take them inside to show wifey!


My day came crashing down around me like a ton of bricks.  The BBQ God's have spoken to me, and I will listen. 

Well I hope you like today's instalment of bad Sci-Fi writing.  There have been alot of people wanting this recipe, so I will oblige.  This is a very simple recipe, really nothing special, but its good.  It is a smooth, basic recipe that can probably be changed around.  I always wanted to change out the water for Jack Daniels, but the Jack kept getting poured over ice with a splash of coke and at that point there was no way to get it into the sauce, and you cant go around wasting Jack Daniels.  =)  I hope you can enjoy the below recipe as I and my family have for many years.  Remember...this and the Rib Rub from Grillin Freak ARE GREAT!!!!!

¾ CUP CATSUP
¾ CUP WATER
3 TABLESPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 TABLESPOON APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
2 TABLESPOONS MUSTARD (PREPARED, NOT DRIED)
3 TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR
1 TEASPOON SALT
¼ TEASPOON PEPPER
1 CAP FULL OF MINCED, DRIED ONIONS
 *** The sauce also calls for 1/2 Cup of oil *** My Mom and Aunt if i remember right do not make it with the oil.  I make it both ways, without oil seems to stick better
BRING TO A ROLLING BOIL – TURN DOWN AND SIMMER 30 MINUTES.


*Note*  For my ribs in Grillin Freak I made a double batch of this with oil, then a single batch without, and combined the two.  I like a little bit of oil in my Marinades and Sauces....play with it and figure out what you like.  I hope you all like it!!  Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through the Wednesday hop and hope you'll come follow me back at http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

    Thanks and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I came because of the sauce! Thanks!

    following you on the Welcome Wednesday hop!


    Paula
    http://realhousewifeofsingapore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete